Sunday 20 July 2014

WonderWhy

Hi! I know I haven't blogged for a couple of weeks. I've been quite busy, and am currently on a two week break from work. I may not blog as regularly as I have over the past year or so, but we'll see. But I'm back here today to introduce you to an excellent YouTube channel which I recently discovered...

"WonderWhy" has videos produced from a man up in Scotland, who attempts to explain some of the more complicated aspects of our world. And he's very successful in doing so. He currently has 8 videos on his channel produced over the past year, and whilst they're all quite long, they're all worth it. I still have a couple to watch, but all I've seen so far have been excellent. I'll share three with you now.

First up, here's a video looking at some of the more complicated international borders in the world. (The bit about the border between Netherlands and Belgium is quite funny!):


Next up, have you ever wondered just how many countries there are in the world? It's a question that I've come up against in my day job, and whilst the question may seem simple, there is no straightforward answer to it. WonderWhy explains some of the issues as to why this is:


Finally, here's a video showing some of the more unusual time zones in the world, and how it is they came about:


There are five other videos to explore on WonderWhy's channel - they're all worth watching, and the channel is definitely worth subscribing to...

No comments: